Definitions and interpretation
collectively all information that you submit to Fitness Equipment NI via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Fitness Equipment NI, or us
Fitness Equipment NI, a company incorporated in Northern Ireland with registered office at – 2 Queens Road, Lisburn, BT27 4TZ, Northern Ireland;
UK and EU Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you
any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Fitness Equipment NI and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Fitness Equipment NI and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, fitnessequipmentni.co.uk and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Fitness Equipment NI is the “data controller”. This means that Fitness Equipment NI determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- IP address (automatically collected);
How we collect Data
We collect Data in the following ways:
- data is given to us by you; and
- data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
Fitness Equipment NI Ltd trading as Fitness Equipment NI will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
- when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
- when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
- when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
- when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
- when you use our services;
Data that is collected automatically
To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
- we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
- we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed “Cookies”.
Our use of Data
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed “Your rights” below).
When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who we share Data with
We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- our employees, agents and/or professional advisors – to process your order or enquiry;
Keeping Data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
- Access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
- we store your Data on secure servers.
- payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
All Cookies used by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Fitness Equipment NI to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Website may not function fully or as intended.
This Website may place the following Cookies:
You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
Type of Cookie
They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of Northern Ireland, England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
To contact us about your data or to request the removal of your data from our systems please click here.
Policy Updated 23rd May 2018
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
Analytical/performance job management software
We use the following analytical/performance cookies:
Description of Cookie
To track and process orders.
to process orders
In order to be able to offer you Klarna’s payment options, we will pass to Klarna certain aspects of your personal information, such as contact and order details, in order for Klarna to assess whether you qualify for their payment options and to tailor the payment options for you.
All warranty repair work is carried out on-site by Fitness Equipment NI.
A detailed description of our warranty terms and conditions can be downloaded here: warranty terms
Important warranty information
- The warranty becomes VALID ONLY if the product is registered with us by filling out the online registration form. You must register your product within 30 days from the date that you received delivery of your Flow Fitness, Tunturi, Care Fitness and Landice equipment. – All Flow Fitness, Tunturi, Care Fitness and Landice equipment not registered with us within 30 days of purchase will only be covered by 12 months parts and 12 months labour warranty.
- The warranty excludes normal wear and tear on parts e.g.; decks and belts on treadmills, pedal straps on bikes, handle bar grips on bikes and ellipticals. Run belts becoming loose and slipping on treadmills is not a warranty issue and can be resolved by reading the user manual of that machine and the belt tightened accordingly.
- Warranty does not cover squeeks or noises that develop unless they are to do with mechanical failure or a manufacturing defect that is noticed when the machine is first in use. (plastics rubbing, machine frames creaking etc).
- Your sales receipt, showing the date of purchase of the product, is your proof of the date of purchase. The date of purchase is from when your warranty period begins.
- Warranty is only valid if the product is assembled/installed according to the instructions/directions included with the product.
- This warranty does not extend to any product that has been damaged or rendered defective: (a) as a result of accident, misuse, or abuse or lack of reasonable care; (b) by the use of parts not manufactured by Fitness Equipment NI or sold by Fitness Equipment NI; (c) by modification of the product; (d) as a result of service by anyone else other than Fitness Equipment NI or an authorised Fitness Equipment NI warranty service provider.
- During the warranty period Fitness Equipment NI will at no additional charge replace part(s) or repair the product (at Fitness Equipment NI’s option) if it becomes defective, malfunctions or otherwise fails to conform with this warranty under normal, non-commercial, personal, family or household use.
- In repairing the product, Fitness Equipment NI may replace defective parts or at the option of Fitness Equipment NI, use serviceable used parts that are equivalent to new parts in performance. All exchanged parts and products replaced under this warranty will become the property of Fitness Equipment NI. Fitness Equipment NI reserves the right to change manufacturers of any part to cover any existing warranty.
- The term “Lifetime warranty” means that the warranty is covered for the time that the machine in question stays in production or for the duration that parts remain available after production has stopped.
- All machines must be kept in a dry environment free from damp.
- If any repair work is not carried out by our own engineers or one of our authorised service agents the warranty will be void.
- Light Commercial warranty is covered in a gym which does not charge membership or use the equipment for financial gain. eg; Schools, Rugby Clubs, Hospitals. Personal training studios are also permitted to use light commercial machines with a maximum of 5 hours use per day per machine.
If you have a breakdown covered under warranty or even if it’s outside the warranty period please call us on 02892 667911 (outside the UK call 0044 2892 667911) or email email@example.com and we will assist you as soon as possible.
Refurbished / reconditioned products are faulty or returned products that have been restored to full working order. Any malfunctioning parts (e.g. motors) are fixed or replaced, and the product is thoroughly cleaned and tested to make sure the item is working correctly and safe to use. The newly-conditioned products are then carefully packaged and boxed ready for sale. Please be aware a refurbished product may show slight signs of prior use and assembly although every effort is made to return the product to brand new condition. All refurbished products come with a 12 month parts and labour warranty unless otherwise stated.
Any typographical or clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document or information issued by Fitness Equipment NI shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of Fitness Equipment NI.
Photographs are for illustrative purpose only, and may not exactly match the product itself. All measurements shown on our website are approximate.
Copyright material appears on the website which is our property or the property of our content and technology providers or their respective owners. We do not give permission for you to re-publish, alter, transmit or otherwise copy any material on the Site but you may download information from the website for your own personal use. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under Copyright Law, no copying, re-distribution, re-transmission, publication or commercial exploitation of downloaded material will be permitted without our express permission and that of the Copyright owner.
As information on our website is provided free of charge, we do not accept liability for it. We will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, loss of profit, revenue or goodwill arising from your use of the website or information on the website.
The Information you provide to us
You are responsible in all respects for all use of and for protecting the confidentiality of any username, email verification and password that may be given to you or selected by you for use on our website. You may not share these with or transfer them to any third parties. You must notify Fitness Equipment NI immediately of any unauthorised use of them or any other breach of security regarding our website that comes to your attention.
In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment options. Payment is to be made to Klarna:
Further information and Klarna’s user terms you can find here. General information on Klarna can be found here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarnas privacy statement.
Customer Service contact information
For any further information, please write to;
Fitness Equipment NI
2 Queens Road
Email; firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the customer service support team on; 0333 335 5646